The dancer Suhaee Abro says that she learnt dancing even before she learnt how to walk. She show an immense amount of passion toward dance.
She started learning dance at 7 from the classical dancer Sheema Kirmani. She started performing since a tender age of 8 years-old. The first solo performance of Suhaee was at 12 and she also started acting in theater and television at that time. Her first music video was created by Tehrik-e-Niswan.
At age 20, Suhaee is a skilled Bharatanatyam and Kathak dancer. She also loves the contemporary and Sufi forms of dances.
She specialises in the field of dance and is a trained classical dancer. Suhaee works in television plays, theatre, documentaries and music videos. She won best New Television Sensation Awarad (Female) at 1st Hum Awards 2013.
Suhaee Abro is also one of the founders and Dance Director/Performing Artist of the group Nritaal – A live music and dance group, based in Karachi. Nritaal aims to promote the cultural and the classical art forms through performing arts: dance, music, theatre and poetry. ‘Nrit’ is dance or theatre and ‘taal’ is rhythm or music. Nritaal is a performing arts group consisting of young and aspiring artists. Nritaal founding members are Khuda Bux Abro, Ahsan Bari and Suhaee Abro.
• Guddi – Hum Tv
• Shaali – Hum Tv
• Amtul ki Gali (supporting role) – ARY DIGITAL
• Bhopal wali Bilquis – Hum TV
• Meri Beti – Hum TV.
• Serial ‘Sanjha’ by MD Productions aired from November 2011 to April 2012 – Hum TV
• Tum mujh mein Zinda ho – a telefilm by What If productions for Express Entertainment – (supporting role – played the younger version of Nimra Bucha)
• Jash ka Din Hai – a 14th August Independence Day special, 10 episode serial produced by Khalid Ahmed for Express Entertainment
• Anamta – a telefilm produced by Mehroz Karim Productions for Hum TV – (not aired yet)
• Kis Mausam Ki Talaash Mein – a special telefilm produced and directed by Badar Khalil of BLEMS Productions
• Mann Ke Moti – Produced by AnB Productions, aired on GEO TV
• Kitni Girrhein Baqi Hain – Produced by Angeline Malik, aired on HUM TV
• Jannat Ki Jannat – Produced by Farouq Mengal Productions (not aired yet)
• ‘Dustbin’ for Zindagi Udaas Hai Tu series – Produced by Erum Binte Shahid and Maria Wasti aired on GEO TV
• ‘Aseer Shahzadi’ based on feminist poet, Fehmida Riaz’s poetry. Presented by Tehrik-e-Niswan (Sheema Kermani)
• ‘Aurat aur Mard barabar hain’ based on the feminist poet, Fehmida Riaz’s poetry. Produced and Directed by Tehrik – e-Niswan (Sheema Kermani and Anwer Jafri)
• The Sketches Band – Ishq Da Kalma, based on the Punjabi folk story of Heer Ranjha – released in May 2012
• The Sketches Band – Mein Sufi Hoon (I am Sufi)
• (Urdu play) Jinney Lahore Nahien Vaikhya, in Lahore, Rafi Peer Performing arts Festival, November 2007 and in 12 different cities of Punjab, India, Amritsar, Moga, Ferozpur, Faridkot, Jalandar, Delhi, Ludhiana, Patiala, Bhatinda etc. and later in January 2009, performed in India again at the National School of Drama Festival in Delhi.
• (Urdu play) ‘Family Function’, 5th April 2008, PACC, Karachi – Organised by the school, Froebel Education Center.
• (English Play) A Thing of Beauty by Charles Cray, 5th April 2008 PACC, Karachi – Organised by the school, Froebel Education Center.
• ‘Jung Ab Nahee Hogi’ a Feminist Anti-war play presented by Tehrik-e-Niswan (Sheema Kermani) performed in July 2011 in India (Lucknow, Rohtak, Delhi)
• ‘KAFKA’ a play for the National Academy of Performing Arts (NAPA) festival based on the life of the German writer Kafka. Played the role of Fredda (Kafka’s beloved) – March 2012